Luminor specialises in 100% hand-lettered design, sign painting & gold leaf.
The original Luminor Sign Co stood on the corner of Old St & City Rd in the East End of London. It closed in 1938.
Today Luminor has been re-established with the aim of providing custom design, lettering and sign making to London and beyond.
During the 'Golden Era' of design, art departments were full of illustrators and lettering artists working at draftsman's tables, producing wonderful designs by hand before they went to print and screen.
Before vinyl signs arrived in the 1980s, generations of 'sign men' created the visual identities of our cities with hand-painted signs that had an individual character.
At Luminor their aim is simple: to continue the tradition of quality design & sign painting in just the way it used to made before the advent of digital design.